Last year, I resolved to not make any New Year's resolutions. I think I just needed a break from making promises I couldn't keep! But this year, I am back with a vengeance. So here it goes - in no particular order.
1. Get more exercise. This should be a no-brainer as I belong to a great gym and with 85 degree L.A. weather on January 1st, there's plenty of opportunities to be outside working out. My aim is to do something every day.
2. Eat real food. Things that grow on trees, things that grow in the ground. I'm trying my best to avoid things that come in packages. And I'm saying a fond farewell to cheese (my cholesterol is a bit high). I'll write more about diet later this month.
3. Organize my photographs. Let's just say I'm about three years behind......my poor little one wonders where all of this memories are.
4. Get my kids more involved in community service. Mr. P.'s school's founding principal is about service learning and they do a pretty good job, but I want to extend that into our home life and include Doodlebop as well. I think it's challenging to teach kids these lessons when they're so young in a way that really connects them, but I am going to keep trying!
5. Slow down. Say no. This is probably going to the most challenging one for me to stick to. I tend to say yes to everyone and everything. I also put a lot of pressure on myself to be uber-productive throughout the day. At one point, I was at home full time with Mr. P., receiving a second graduate degree, teaching college online and selling my novel. Yeah, I'm an over-achiever, but I am trying to do less and just take some time to relax each day. I've been having sleeping issues for the past two years and I find that when I slow down a little I am a much more pleasant person to be around and I'm able to sleep more soundly at night. And yes, this involves more time away from the computer.
What are your resolutions?